Choosing the right personal injury attorney for your wrongful death case is an important decision that can significantly impact the outcome of the case. These are cases that are emotionally charged and legally complex which makes it essential to have a skilled, experienced attorney by your side. To help you make the best decision, we have compiled a list of things you should look for when choosing an attorney for your wrongful death case.
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney for Your Wrongful Death Case
There are a number of factors to consider in choosing a personal injury attorney for your wrongful death case. These factors include:
- Track record: Take a look at a prospective attorney’s track record. What kind of cases have they handled and how did they end? How many cases have they won? How many cases have they settled out of court? Success can, after all, occur by winning in court or settling out of court, but a solid attorney should have a significant number of successful case outcomes under their belt.
- Case experience: Wrongful death cases are incredibly complex, but can also greatly vary in their specifics. Look for an attorney that has handled wrongful death cases before and pay particular attention to whether they have handled cases similar to your own. An experienced attorney handling wrongful death cases will be up to date on the latest procedures and laws pertaining to these unique cases and help ensure that they can navigate your case effectively.
- Bar standing: Make sure that your attorney is properly licensed and barred to practice law in your jurisdiction. You should make sure that they are in good standing with the bar association to make sure they take professionalism seriously and adhere to the ethical standards of their profession.
- Established network of experts: Experts will often play critical roles in wrongful death cases. In these cases, it is likely that your attorney will need to collaborate with experts including medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, and forensic experts. Be sure to inquire about your attorney’s network of experts that they tend to use in wrongful death cases. After all, having an established network of experts can be very beneficial to a wrongful death case, not only during trial, but also in negotiations.
- Courtroom experience: Ask about an attorney’s experience litigating cases. Many cases do end up settling out of case, but it is important that your attorney knows how to bring a case to court if necessary and is comfortable and proficient at seeing it through trial. If negotiations fail and an appropriate settlement cannot be reached, your wrongful death case is likely to move right to litigation.
Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorneys
Selecting the right personal injury attorney for your wrongful death case is an important one. At Cooper, Schall & Levy, our experienced team of attorneys has stood by the sides of many a client going through some of the most difficult times of their lives. We fight for those who have lost someone all too soon because of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. We are here to fight for you. Contact us today.