If you have suffered a serious injury in a caught-in-between accident, you need a strong, knowledgeable attorney to protect your right to fair compensation. In Philadelphia, any one of the excellent caught-in-between accident lawyers at Cooper Schall & Levy is a wise choice.
Our legal team has an extensive track record of successful outcomes and we will provide you with a free initial consultation. Aware of the trauma you have suffered, physically, emotionally, and financially, we will charge you no attorney fees until we win your case.
What Exactly Is a Caught-in-Between Accident?
Caught-in-between accidents occur when the victim, typically a construction worker, miner, or factory worker, is wedged or crushed between two objects or [ressed beneath a heavy weight. Not only do such accidents often result in severe or catastrophic injuries; they are one of the most frequent causes of worker fatalities in the U.S.
Types of Caught-in-Between Accidents
There are several kinds of caught-in-between accidents, all terrible to contemplate. These include:
- Being buried underneath debris as a result of a structural cave-in
- Being suddenly covered and crushed under a falling load
- Being trapped under heavy machinery or a vehicle that has tipped over
- Being trapped under demolition rubble
- Being pulled into machinery or equipment (e.g. drill presses, cement mixers, band saws)
- Being compressed between two vehicles or between a vehicle and a wall
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), caught-in-between accidents are among the “fatal four” most common causes of construction fatalities.
Common Caught-in-Between Accident Injuries in Philadelphia
Even those victims of caught-in-between accidents who escape with their lives often suffer permanent disabilities. Care for such conditions is immensely expensive which makes having a sharp attorney crucial to recovering the resources that will fund your future. Examples of caught-in-between injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury/paralysis
- Multiple fractures
- Neuromuscular damage
- Severe lacerations, internal bleeding
- Organ loss or damage
- Severe burns
If you suffered the tragic loss of a loved one in a caught-in-between accident, the attorneys at Cooper Schall & Levy will work tirelessly to recover wrongful death damages for you and your family. Though we know we cannot ease your grief, we hope to provide you with the funds that will help you heal, financially and emotionally.
Parties We May Hold Accountable for Their Negligence
If you were injured at your workplace site, you must put in a claim through your workers’ compensation insurance. In all but a few cases, this will prevent you from being permitted to sue your employer under Pennsylvania law. Nonetheless, depending on the particulars of your case, our accident lawyers may be able to hold a third party legally accountable.
Examples of third parties who may be held responsible for your injuries include:
- Property owners who have been negligent or reckless in maintaining
safety on their premises
- Contractors or subcontractors who were charged with keeping your
workplace safe and did not take the necessary steps to do so
- Machine, equipment, or parts manufacturers whose machinery, equipment or vehicles were defective and therefore caused you harm
- City or state agencies who failed in their duty to protect public safety*
- Insurance companies that acted in bad faith by denying your claim, offering less money than the claim was worth or delaying payment may be sued for damages under the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act of 1990
- Mechanics or technicians who were responsible for inspecting, installing, or repairing
equipment and machinery and whose work was subpar, resulting in your injury
- Machine operators and drivers who violated safety and/or traffic regulations
*Note: Special legal steps must be taken to sue a government agency
In many cases, more than one-third party may be liable, in which case our caught-in-between accident attorneys will file multiple lawsuits to recover optimal compensation.
Services Cooper Schall & Levy Provides to Our Philadelphia Clients
Well aware of the disastrous nature of caught-in-between accidents and the severe injuries they cause, Cooper Schall & Levy personal injury attorneys are well-prepared to do everything possible to ease your burden by:
- Handling all communications with opposing attorneys and insurance adjusters
- Investigating the site of your accident, surveillance videos, and forensic evidence
- Examining police records, medical reports, and any evidence of previous negligence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with technical and/or medical experts who may testify on your behalf
- Negotiating a fair and reasonable settlement
- Fighting for your rights in court if your case proceeds to trial
Damages We Will Fight to Win for You and Your Family
After a caught-in-between accident, it is only fair that you have a knowledgeable, persuasive attorney to protect your rights. We will fight vigorously to recover meaningful damages to cover:
- Medical and rehabilitative costs
- Lost income, now and in the future
- Lost earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Wrongful death expenses (e.g. final medical/funeral/burial/cremation costs)
and loss of financial and emotional support
Contact Our Experienced Philadelphia Caught-in-Between Accident Attorneys Today
Our legal team is dedicated to obtaining the maximum compensation for your economic and non-economic losses and to providing you with a sense that justice has been served. Contact us now so we can get started.
Cooper Schall & Levy have been fighting for the rights of caught-in-between accident victims throughout Philadelphia, in neighborhoods such as Norristown and Drexel Hill, and in counties such as Montgomery County and Delaware County for over 60 years.