Cooper Schall and Levy’s business dispute resolution and commercial litigation practice handles sophisticated matters involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud, shareholder disputes, collection matters, and numerous other complex business disputes. In addition, the firm represents clients in business tort claims, including anti-trust and civil RICO, as well as litigation involving real estate, creditor’s rights, employment disputes, and bankruptcy matters. Our commercial law attorneys regularly appear before state trial and appellate courts, United States District Courts, United States Courts of Appeals, and the American Arbitration Association.
Helping Business Owners Resolve Corporate Disputes
When starting a business, entrepreneurs must consider countless issues, including selection of the proper business structure, location of the principal office, and employment of its workers. Unfortunately, the potential conflicts among shareholders, clients and/or colleagues is typically not considered until it is too late. Having an experienced business attorney on your side in the face of conflict can significantly reduce your company’s exposure to liability and ensure business continuity. Whether you are just starting your business or are a seasoned business owner, our firm can provide assistance with the resolution of a wide range of business conflicts.
Business disputes, both foreseen and unexpected, require the advice of a qualified attorney. Our primary objective is to arrive at a solution that benefits all sides while avoiding the need for costly litigation. Our business dispute attorneys have extensive experience handling sensitive and fact-intensive negotiations and will work tirelessly to settle your dispute without court intervention.
Corporate disputes can vary from simple breach of contract claims to multi-million dollar allegations of fraud and misconduct. Our attorneys routinely handle many of the following areas of commercial disagreement:
- Contract Disputes: In the event of a disagreement with an employee, customer or colleague about a provision of a contract, our firm can help negotiate a resolution which can offer benefits to both sides. Disputes commonly arise in contracts for the sale and delivery of goods, employment or partnership agreements, insurance policies, non-compete clauses or commercial leases.
- Shareholder or Partnership Disputes: Conflicts between owners of a business are not uncommon. Partners often face disagreement over governing policies or corporate direction. Our legal team can help resolve such issues to give your company the opportunity to move forward in a positive direction.
- Disputes with Other Companies: Litigation often arises when a customer or client is dissatisfied with a company’s product or services, including disputes with suppliers, vendors or manufacturers. Working with our firm can significantly reduce your exposure to liability and help both parties maintain their corporate relationship and mutual trust.
As you navigate through the many facets of business ownership, our commercial litigation attorneys can work with you to help minimize potential conflicts or devise a workable solution once a conflict arises.
If resolution without court intervention is not possible, our attorneys will use their knowledge of civil procedure and the law to vigorously advocate on your behalf through all stages of commercial litigation. Commercial litigation encompasses many types of disputes or controversies related to a specific business issue. Some examples include:
- Antitrust/unfair competition
- Business interruption
- Contract disputes (breach of contract)
- Tortious interference
- Commercial debt collections
- Shareholder/partnership disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Deceptive trade practices
- Employment disputes
- Nondisclosure/non-compete agreements
Contact Our Philadelphia Commercial Litigation Attorneys
Our team is well-versed in both civil litigation and complex, multi-party, multi-jurisdictional litigation. Although we prefer to reach negotiated settlements through various methods of alternative dispute resolution — arbitration, mediation or summary trials — we are fully prepared to litigate any commercial matter. By tailoring our services to the particular needs of each client, we work to achieve the best results possible for our clients. Inside or outside of the courtroom, our firm is the experienced choice in commercial litigation. Contact us for a consultation.
Cooper Schall & Levy commercial litigation lawyers serve Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as well as neighboring counties such as Montgomery County and Delaware County and cover neighborhoods such as Norristown and Drexel Hill.