The accomplished car accident attorneys of Cooper, Schall & Levy have a great deal of experience protecting the rights of clients who have suffered serious injury because of someone else’s reckless driving. Our reckless driving accident attorneys are determined to see that the victims of reckless drivers receive justice.
If you have been harmed by a reckless driver, we are fully committed to fighting for every dollar of compensation you deserve and we have an impressive record of successful outcomes. Contact us to give us the details of your case so we can begin devising a strong courtroom strategy. We will charge you no initial consultation fee and no attorneys’ fees until we recover damages.
We All Know Reckless Driving When We See It
All drivers are capable of becoming distracted or making a quick decision they regret, but reckless drivers are in another category entirely. Reckless drivers are the ones we do everything we can to avoid on the road. They are the ones who plow through red lights, ignore speed limits (even in bad weather), weave between other vehicles, and ride on the shoulder when there is congestion — all the time completely disregarding their risk to others.
Types of Reckless Driving
Reckless driving comes in many forms. Some examples of reckless driving include:
- Braking suddenly
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Failing to stop for stopped school buses
- Routinely exceeding the speed limit by a wide margin
- Making illegal turns or lane changes or failing to signal
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, street drugs, or prescribed medications
- Driving while distracted by texting, talking, eating, fiddling with dials or mirrors
- Failing to use headlights when necessary
- Driving while physically exhausted or sleepy
Reckless drivers are a hazard on any roadway, putting not only their own lives but the lives of other drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians in imminent danger. In addition, reckless drivers risk serious penalties, including traffic tickets, heavy fines, community service, loss of license, and imprisonment.
Why You Need the Services Cooper, Schall & Levy Can Provide
In the aftermath of a car accident in which you have been seriously injured, you should have a car accident attorney who is experienced and skilled. Having suffered physical, emotional, and often financial trauma, you are in no shape to deal with insurance adjusters whose purpose is to get you to agree to a settlement that is far too low. You need a sharp and savvy car accident attorney who knows precisely how to:
- Negotiate with opposing attorneys and insurance adjusters
- Investigate the site of your accident
- Interview witnesses
- Check any available surveillance footage
- Examine police records and medical reports
- Look into the defendant’s history of misconduct
- Consult with experts who may testify on your behalf
Most of all, you need a powerful litigator who, if the defense attorneys fail to offer an appropriate settlement, will battle vigorously at trial to win you the substantial damages you are entitled to receive.
Serious Injuries Caused by Reckless Drivers in Philadelphia
Almost any type of injury can result from a car accident caused by reckless driving, including:
- Back or neck injury (e.g whiplash, herniated discs)
- Bone fracture of limbs, digits, skull, hip
- Deep laceration or severe burn
- Concussion, traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Internal bleeding, organ damage, or loss
- Loss of limb
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Spinal cord injury resulting in paralysis
- Wrongful death
In best-case scenarios, victims recover completely but even then will go through a period in which they are unable to work or enjoy life. They may require one or more surgeries, medical treatment, and a lengthy period of recuperation and rehabilitation. At worst, if they survive, they may be permanently disabled and require long-term nursing care and/or be scarred or otherwise disfigured.
No matter what your prognosis is, the reckless driving accident attorneys at Cooper, Schall & Levy will work tirelessly to make sure you and your family have a settlement substantial enough to make your future comfortable and secure.
Damages We Will Fight To Win for You and Your Loved Ones
You can rely on our skilled reckless driving attorneys to defend your right to compensation for all of the following that applies in your case:
- Medical, surgical, and rehabilitative costs
- Lost income (present and future)
- Property damage
- Home healthcare/long-term nursing care
- Alterations to make your home accessible
- Psychological counseling
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you are dealing with the tragic wrongful death of a loved one, we will help you obtain damages to cover funeral costs and lost future financial and emotional support, as well as final medical expenses. We may also be able to win you punitive damages.
Contact Our Philadelphia Reckless Car Accident Attorneys as Soon as Possible
The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can evaluate the facts of your reckless driving case, examine the accident site, have access to police and medical records, and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh. Contact us now for the excellent legal representation you need and deserve.